Monday, August 12, 2013

A New Classroom!

I cannot begin to describe the amount of time and effort it takes to put together a successful classroom. I need a fun, bright, vibrant, and organized classroom to function. I like to give my classroom visual appeal yet maintain order and function through bright colors and patterns. My focus on the room was mostly polka dots in different colors, but I really liked the neon green, yellow,  and pink colors that tend to be dominate.


My objective board, with three classes to teach this year I needed to make sure that each class was separate. I'm not sure I like them separate yet, but I thought I'd give it a go and change it if needed.

 

I love my door. I don't know if you can see it but I have stars above the door on the window. They are really pretty and colorful from the hall. If you close the door I have some quotes about reaching for the stars. I haven't finished them yet, but I am working on curtains to go in that small window this year. It is polka-dot fabric that I thought was really cute.




Table for centers and various activities. Above the board I have the letters, Math is Fun. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the bulletin board yet, I thought about doing 3 separate calendars, or stringing some twine for papers that are awesome! Last year half of the board was dedicated to those students who received A's and B's on the 9 weeks grading report. Not sure yet, but I may let the kids decide.


My desk. I love the set up of my desk, seeing as how I don't sit there at all during the school day, it'll be a great quiet corner when the kids are gone. I love my little grading nook!


My computer all set up and ready to go!




 That's all I got done in the room. I also have my cabinets sorted back out so I will probably post more pictures of that later. :-)

Life as a middle school teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment